Vacuum Frying Systems
Our worldwide customers in the food industry are developing new products on a daily basis. Aspects such as health, convenience and proper nutritional balance are key-words in the development of innovations in the food sector. In order to respond to the growing demand for innovations, Florigo now presents the new generation of industrial size continuous vacuum fryers.
Features and Advantages
- Much lower frying temperatures (approx. 120 to 130° in practical operation, depending on the product) to maintain flavours and colours
- Processing products with higher reducing sugar levels in comparison with normal atmospheric conditions
- Minimizing of health harmful thermal reaction products, such as acrylamide
- Texture can truly be influenced
- Evaporation rate will be faster
- Pressure as a new parameter of control next to retention time and temperature
- More gentle oil handling
- Lower steam pressure for frying oil heating systems required than in atmospheric fryers (approx. 8 bar)
- No frying vapour emission
- Potato chips
- French fries
- Special potato based products
- Fruit chips
- Wet pellet snacks
- Dry pellet
Several vacuum frying units for the production of low-fat "kettle-style" potato snacks have been delivered and put into operation in Europe and East Asia. These units are equipped with centrifuges for the defatting after frying. The centrifuges are installed in a special vacuum dome attached to the vacuum fryer.
Based on potato chips so far units have been realized of up to 350 kg/hr (output) for complete vacuum frying systems. For certain applications two-stage frying is applicable. In that case the product is pre-fried in an atmospheric fryer and then subjected to vacuum frying until the final moisture content is reached. For two-stage frying a unit with an output of up to 1,500 kg/hr (potato chips) is available.